8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Hey Jan! Interested in the movie "M"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey Jan! Interested in the movie "M"?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 25, 2005 12:19 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, I know a place where you can pick up a copy of the Peter Lorre movie "M" on super 8mm, the price is 199.00 ? Curious as to where?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 25, 2005 06:25 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
!!!

OK, where? [Big Grin]

Incidentally there's a 16mm print of "M" on eBay right now as well, which I'm watching... [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 26, 2005 10:21 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's Phil's Vintage films. I believe if you type that in on ebay, it'll lead you right to Phil's website. he mostly specializes in older super 8 features, but he has a few new ones. Most of his prices are a little too steep for me. Check the features section.

It's 199.00 dollars. I don't know the print quality, but I'm sure that Phil can answer your questions!

All the best

--------------------

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 27, 2005 09:38 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, you mean http://www.8mm16mmfilmscollectibles.com/ - that site's been in my bookmarks for many moons now. [Smile] Yeah, he's one expensive fella (have you seen the super-8 sound projectors?? My gawd!) but he's got some interesting stuff. If I ever win the lottery I'll be sure to go shop there. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 27, 2005 12:28 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good heavens!!! It's still down at 49.00!!! (16mm "M"), snatch that up if you can! It might be because of it being subtitled, I wonder if Phil's copy of "M" on super 8 is english language or the same subtitled version?

For some reason, (somewhat understood), people stay away from subtitles. I can't say for sure, but I believe that the original german version of "M" might be a little longer in length than the english version. Anybody out there know for sure?

--------------------

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 27, 2005 01:12 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm sure the subtitles on the eBay version put a big damper on people's enthusiasms... not a terribly big deal for me, though. At least this way, both my wife and I could watch it - I'm a native German and can appreciate the original-language soundtrack, while she can still understand what's going on. [Smile] Still keeping an eye on that print, anyway... it would make my first 16mm feature, and a great start on another collection.... not to mention another hole in my wallet. Sigh [Big Grin]

It appears, btw, you're right regarding the lengths of the different versions (see http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0022100/ )... the USA version clocks in at 99 minutes, while two German ones are listed at 105 and 108 minutes...

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 28, 2005 12:02 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you win it, let me know!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC