8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What a record in Ebay German for 8mm!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What a record in Ebay German for 8mm!
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 07, 2005 01:29 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I visited Ebay German today (6 Sept, Fiji's time) looking for 8mm. But what a record they have for one day. I sorted the list according to "Time: Newly Listed".

I visited one by one for the items just been listed. I opened page 1...2...3....thought I have finished....4...5....6...7. Ehmmmmm...usually at page 4, I have reached the yesterday items....but today....it was still going on to page ...8....9...10...11... it is stop? NO!...12...13...14!!!

Ebay German for 8mm

Geeeez....14 pages for newly listed items!. If every page there are 50 items then there are 700 8mm items just been listed in one day!.

The Ebay German has beaten EBay UK or even Ebay.com in listing 8mm items.

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2005 01:47 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

yesterday german ebay "celebrate" "10 years eBay" so the starting fees was 10 Cent each item independent from the starting amount.

You see that the most prints are offered for high prices.

If the 10-Cent offer would be every day, it would stop the price purge of used 8mm prints. [Wink]

Do you know: www.hood.de or www.filmundo.de ?

Andreas

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 07, 2005 07:44 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

hate to burst your bubble... but the link you gave above takes me to eBay's listings under "neu eingestellt" which is EVERYTHING listed in order from newest to oldest... this is not the same as "heute neu" which would have been the new listings of the day that you were talking about.
Case in point: your link shows me 1,276 articles (as of the time of this post), but when I select "heute neu," only 36 articles show up.

[Frown]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 07, 2005 09:35 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,
Of course if you click it now is already September 7th and that'a true there were only 8 items there. What I meant was yesterday (September 6th).

Now if you carefully check to the item listed on Sept 6th, believe me you will get tired in clicking!. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2005 11:08 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,

Winbert has right.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 08, 2005 08:42 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So does that mean Winbert just posted the wrong link, and he WAS looking at the new items for "today?" [Smile] I see your point about there being many September 6 items... of course I missed that. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC