8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ANGER AND RAGE!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ANGER AND RAGE!!
David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2005 07:23 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Oh, how I was looking forward to making it to the 50th.

Just couldn't wangle it though. I can't describe how disappointed I am. It would have been so great to have been able to meet everyone at this event.

Though I have conversed with many of you during this past year through the Forum, and actually met Craig, Kevin C, and Mike; but to have all the guys in one place at one time, plus the cine activities, has to be the event of the year!

I shall peruse with great fervour any reports of the event, plus any indications of the next one. - - Who knows, things might change to enable my attendance, but I don't see how it could make up for missing the 50th!

Anyway, I'll try to curb my frustration, and refrain from using any expletives on these hallowed pages.

All the best to all - I sincerely hope everyone had a superb and memorable time.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Dave!!

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 22, 2005 12:25 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Real bummer, David, sorry to hear this. Granted, there's us poor folks in the States who don't even get a chance to go in the first place, but I can imagine just how close you were to being there and then have things not work out. Regardless, life goes on, and there's always next time... it's not the end of the world. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2005 02:30 PM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, just a quickie! It was a Cracker, sorry you were unable to make it. Chris Quinn who we had all thought had defected to the dark side even bought an Ideal little projector & film.

John Clancy’s Xenon lamp conversion to HGI was stunning. Some excellent film shows & presentations.

To sum up, it was a good day all round & yes it was nice to put faces to names. John Clancy & Keith Wilton, if you are reading this, then thank you and all your assistants for a really good day out. Ian from Perry’s done a sterling job in boosting my collection & removing a bulge fro my wallet.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC