8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Maybe a Simmonds at the BFCC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maybe a Simmonds at the BFCC
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 23, 2005 02:55 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One thing i have noticed with the BFCC since the passing of the king of 8mm is the absence of the top man of Derann at the BFCC's,(unless i am wrong on this). I'm sure Adrian is a very busy person these day's but i wonder if ther'd be a chance of him being at one of the London events to follow in the Father's footsteps. Maybe a nice boost for the collectors to. [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2005 04:21 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

I've been trying to get Adrian down south since last years Blackpool, but one thing and another always seems to come up, but I think one of the main reasons is that Derann, in all departments, is run at a bare minimum of staff these days, and I would expect that Saturday's are there busiest time for there TV, DVD and Hi-fi side, and this is Adrian's forte. So there you have it, I will try again at this years Blackpool, but if he couldn't make it for the 50th, then what are the chances for the 51st or 52nd!

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2005 01:56 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom/Barry

It must be tough for smaller companies like Derann. There is so much competition in the TV/HiFi/Video market these days that you can quite understand the lack of presence. It is amazing in itself that they are making enough money to suppor the film department.

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC