8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS 1200....again!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS 1200....again!
Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2005 06:52 PM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for churning up the same old stuff, but I've clocked this forum for some weeks now. I visited the BFCC and I'm sold on the fanciful idea of buying a 3 series GS.
Anyone who's got one or anyone that knows (Kevin Faulkner?) - is this a reasonable price for an apparently reasonable condition, or can you see something that I, as a novice, would pass by?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6446652266&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Don't hang about with your answers as it's over in a couple of days. Also, does anybody know if the two GS's at the BFCC sold and for how much?
Thanks. Sam.

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 28, 2005 07:38 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,Sam, the machine looks like it's in great cosmetique condition. I find it a bit odd that the seller doesn't want to bore anyone with details on such an expensive item. Are you familiar with the features on this GS-1200? I would ask the seller what the specifications are on the lens. I bought one of these machines last year from Alan Rik(forum member)here in the states. I did a buy-it-now for $1200 and I am delighted with it. 750 pounds converts to $1330. Sounds like a good deal, but I'm not familiar with the going price of a GS in Britain. Ask the seller some questions; any mechanical noises?; do all functions work?; any scratches?; any unwanted noises from the amplifier?. The seller's feedback rating is 100%, that's a good start. I'm sure someone else will chime in with advise also. Good luck!! [Smile]

[ October 28, 2005, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Dan Lail ]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 28, 2005 10:07 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've actually dealt with this seller before and would definitely recommend him as trustworthy. The photos do say a lot, this GS1200 seems very well taken care of and very clean (always a good sign). The only thing I find a bit odd is that there's an audio tape reel next to the Elmo super-8 reel shown in one of the pictures. Not sure if that's a minor blunder or what. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2005 08:13 AM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dan and Jan.
It's gone, but I'll keep watching.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC