8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Leasing Films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leasing Films
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 09, 2005 10:06 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody remember the leasing deal with the Chaplin feature films like 'Modern Times' and 'the Great Dictator'? I remember seeing this being offered in the Blackhawk catalogues back in the 1980's. The deal was that you paid up front for the full price of the film, which gave you the right to own the film for about 7 years, after which you promised to return the film. You had to sign a formal lease agreement. Strange but true. Anybody else remeber this, and I wonder if anybody actually sent the films back when the lease expired! Somehow I doubt it!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2005 02:23 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Paul-

I remember this very well. And the movies were the same price as other movies that you could keep forever!! I always thought that was totally obserd [Eek!] . I always wondered if other film companies were going to do the same thing! [Confused]

By the way, if any of you collectors out there forgot to return or destroy you Chaplin films, I am currently offering a free service. Just send the films to me, and I'll take care of the rest [Big Grin] .

Nick.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 11, 2005 06:13 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moderators,

What happened with this post, why it appears again in different thread but at the same topic???

Software problem ??? [Roll Eyes]

confused,

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 11, 2005 09:55 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

Interesting.....threads replicating by themselves.....they've developed a will to live.....and now they're taking over! I must stop them before it's too late.......must ....hit....the....close topic......button.......help...... [Embarrassed] [Wink] Now the graemlins are attacking.... [Cool] [Confused] too many of them... [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes] aieeeeeeeeeeeee! [Razz]

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC