8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Are these TV Shows available on 8mm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are these TV Shows available on 8mm?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 13, 2005 12:52 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to know if the American TV Comedy Shows (30 minutes shows only) were ever released on 8mm ? I haven't seen them in any second hand markets.

Those are like Lucy Shows, Happy Days, Hogan Heroes, Get Smarts, etc are interesting to be projected and repeatable. Moreover, since 30 minutes shows are originally run 22 minutes (without commercials), then, with some editing on unnecessary scenes and opening as well as end credit titles will make them fit to 400" reel.

Sorry guys, I am focusing on American TV Shows, so British TV Shows and etc are not in my question.

So, were they ever available on 8mm? I knew some of them were on 16mm.

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Norman Fisher
Junior

- posted November 13, 2005 11:43 AM      Profile for Norman Fisher   Email Norman Fisher       Edit/Delete Post 
Those shows you mentioned never saw the light of day on Super 8mm. The closest Get Smart came to being on 8mm was the 1980 NUDE BOMB feature release from Universal 8. It was edited to 2x400 reels. And those classic shows you listed actually run 26 minutes without commercials. 22 minutes is what they were cut to in syndication. (And probably even shorter today) On Ebay 16mm prints turn up quite often, (sometimes with original commercials) of those 60's shows. These were prints used by local TV stations in the old days when 16mm copies were distributed for syndication. Most of the colour in these prints have faded to red unfortunately.

I have 5 episodes of the original STAR TREK series on Super 8mm. These were unauthorized prints released by Cantebury Films in the 70's. 4 of those episodes have slightly turned red, and one has held it's colour perfectly. As far as I remember, that was one of the few TV shows released on Super 8 back in the day.

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2005 11:51 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some shows I know were released on Super 8....
"Amos & Andy" from RED FOX
"The Husy Show" (Lucy Gets Jack Benny's Account) RED FOX
"Flintstones" COLUMBIA
"Jetsons" COLUMBIA
"Paul Killiam's Hour Of Silents" BLACKHAWK
Just about everything else is available only on 16 and 35.

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2005 11:52 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some shows I know were released on Super 8....
"Amos & Andy" from RED FOX
"The Lucy Show" (Lucy Gets Jack Benny's Account) RED FOX
"Flintstones" COLUMBIA
"Jetsons" COLUMBIA
"Paul Killiam's Hour Of Silents" BLACKHAWK
Just about everything else is available only on 16 and 35.

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2005 01:14 PM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also have a couple of "Abbott & Costello TV Shows" on super 8 which were on TV in 1953.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2005 12:18 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello I have the first episode of Lost In Space, it was released without next weeks cliffhanger but is neat to watch.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2005 09:44 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Red Fox also released on super 8-

The first episode of that great T.V. show "Jeff's Collie" Thier title for this release was "Lassie- The Inheritance", on 2 x 400 foot reels b/w sound. Excellent release.

"Superman" episode from the 50's- "Stampday for Superman", on one 400 foot reel, starring George Reeves.

Also, one I don't have- an episode of "The Green Hornet", starring Bruce Lee.

Last but not least- "The Twilight Zone" episode "Occurrance at Owl Creek Bridge".

If I think of more, I'll come back [Wink] .

Nick.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC