8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Wallace and Grommit movie..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wallace and Grommit movie..
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 13, 2005 07:33 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw the movie and loved it! it was so entertaining and well done. I like the look so much better than CGI. You can see the craftsmanship and the artistry in every frame. First I went to a theatre where the sound was only playing on the left channel. No way to see a film!
So I then got a refund and went to a properly working theatre.
there was a little short in front of the film called "Christmas Caper" with the Madagasgar penguins. I hope the 2 films come out on Super 8. Oh please Derann! Listen to my plea...! (Or Classic!)

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 13, 2005 09:18 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very much in agreement, Alan!

We saw these about two weeks ago and they were great! I would absolutely buy the Penguins short and might stretch for the Wallace and Grommit Feature as well.

We saw Chicken Little this afternoon, and while I'm not begging for Derann to do a feature length version, I was impressed enough with it to predict the era of Disney/Pixar is really over: Disney did great on their own here.

It gives me mixed feelings about the upcoming Toy Story 3. Is it really Toy Story without Pixar?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC