8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ken's "converted" boxes...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ken's "converted" boxes...
James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2005 10:00 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And speaking of boxes and labels......

I've always thought that it was interesting how Ken converted some of thier older releases into clamshell cases in the late 70's. As collectors know, Ken changed the 400 foot releases from the old cardboard boxes with separate lid around 1978. I think it was when the "Omen" digest came out. The MGM releases had already started with these new superior box cases. But what surprised me, was when I saw digests, like the first "Star Wars" 400 footer, as well as classics like "The Posiedon Adventure, and even as far back as "The Bible" had been converted over to the clamshell. On these converted boxes, Ken simply took the original label from the cardboard boxes, extended the sides down flat (to equall the size of the new box), and covered the front and book-end side. Ken then put a generic label on the back, that just talked about buying a wide variety of home movies. There was a photo from Star Wars and two other movies.

It seemed sort of a lazy way to change the boxes, but still, its nice to have the older releases up on the shelf side by side with the newer ones at that time. Very uniform!

Nick.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC