8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ST1200HD Lower Loop Issue?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ST1200HD Lower Loop Issue?
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2005 04:47 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed tonight that the lower loop on the projector (forward facing) seems to be perhaps larger than it ought to be and extends beyond the normal reach of the loop former (when fully engaged). My slight concern is that the film might therefore come into contact with the edge of the plastic guide that supports the sound head and thus ultimately lead to a scratch.

How far forwards should this loop go? How does one adjust it?

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 07, 2005 04:53 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, I thought you had a couple of ST's? Check that one against the other one. The film does come out a fair way under the lens. If the loop is too big it normally tends to come out and perhaps rub the underside of the lens mount. It should touch the green plastic guide in front of the sound head. This is shaped to guide the film into the sound head and not scratch the film.
Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted December 10, 2005 11:11 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have noticed the same thing on my ST-1200HD... large lower loop, loop former just barely extending into it without really reaching. But upon closer inspection with a flashlight I've found that everything was still within tolerances. And the loop former, of course, is only supposed to work when the loop is lost, anyway.
Not to mention if the loop really was too large, you would surely notice the sound being out of sync with the picture (slightly too late) - so, nothing to worry about. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC