8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 8mm Eumig 624D - hair in the gate - help!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8mm Eumig 624D - hair in the gate - help!!
Mandy Leo
Junior

- posted December 07, 2005 09:21 PM      Profile for Mandy Leo   Email Mandy Leo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am transferring some films and notice that there is alot of dirt and gunk/hair in the gate - but I am at a loss how to clean this! My other machine - although causes 8mm films to tear and die horribly - had a way into the gate. This machine doesn't seem to have one!! Any ideaS?

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2005 03:34 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try one of those compressed air aerosols and blast it into the gate area. Failing that when putting a worthless piece of film through wet the emulsion side of the film and that should make most of the muck stick to the film and hey presto, clean gate.

However, if there is no way to really get in and clean the gate I suggest looking for a different model of projector.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted December 10, 2005 11:07 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't the 624D one of the dual-gauge machines that have exchangeable sprockets and film gates for 8mm and super-8? I would think that it's just a matter of removing the film gate and cleaning it...

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC