8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Master and Commander gone Missing!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Master and Commander gone Missing!
Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2005 07:57 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gentlemen

I have a very sad story of woe... Many of you will know that I am currently on my travels and no where near home. I had made an advance order for M&C before leaving the Uk and when the print became available contacted Derann and completed the purchase by email. Ged kindly sent the print off for me to my parents address in the Uk so that it would be there waiting for me on my return. I didn't think to check that it had arrived until I sent an email off quite recently and the mail came back to say there was no parcel there for me, I checked with Ged and he sent through the UPS transit report and sure enough it appears to have been delivered and signed for but my parents are adamant that no parcel has arrived.

I can only think that it has been delivered in error to another house and whoever opened the door absent mindedly signed for it thinking that it was for another occupant. Clearly I have left it too long now to go back to UPS and being on the other side of the world makes all these things a little tricky and long winded any way.

If this film has ended up with some one who has no use for it I am hoping that they will have the presence of mind to contact Derann from their details on the parcel and arrange for it to be returned or forwarded on to me. There is also a possibility that it might turn up on Ebay, so if any of you guys do see a copy of M&C turn up on Ebay please let me know and I shall make a couple of enquiries...

I should add that this is in no way a criticsm of Ged or Derann -if anything it is my faullt for not checking sooner that it had arrived and then following it up when there was a chance of doing something about it.

Mike

ps. Greetings from Airlies Beach on the East Coast of Australia!

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 10, 2005 12:29 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At least your in a beautiful place Mike!
Actually I deal with UPS everyday. If they delivered it to the wrong house than they are responsible for it. What happens is you will let Derann know. Than they will file a claim with UPS. Then after they realize that it was misdelivered they will reimburse Derann and they will mail you a new copy. It happened to me with Derann once. They sent some films to my old address. I realized after 2 weeks it must have been lost. It was signed but we didnt know who signed. I was refunded the money ASAP. Dont worry you wont be out money or the movie!

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2005 01:23 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike

Howdy.

I fully agree with Alan. It is not your responsibility it is UPS to deliver the the right address or Derann for that matter to address the package clearly. No way should you accept this situation.

Ged-if your reading this-come on man, get a grip on the situation and get it sorted so that Mike has a happy Christmas!!!!!

--------------------
Tony

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 10, 2005 04:45 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definatly a UPS error and if the signature is not that of the correct addressee then UPS must pay for that error, no question [Frown]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 10, 2005 04:57 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear from you Mike.
As the others said if the sig is not of one of your parents then UPS and Derann have no option but to sort it out for you.
I wouldnt worry about it but jsut make sure Ged is on top of the problem. If you want any help in that area then just let me know.
Anyway continue to enjoy your Journey, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2005 08:31 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Chaps

Many thanks for all your replies [Alan, you're right, it is fantastic here, the snorkelling and diving is great [Wink] ].

But getting back to my lost film dilemma, I think the trouble is that I left it so long before checking that it had arrived, so I don't know that records of signatures etc will be kept. It's now over 6 weeks...

Having said that, I've been in touch with Kevin and he has kindly offerred to see if he can help out from that end, maybe make a couple of phone calls etc. which is so much easier when you're not 12 hours ahead with no permanent base! Thanks Kev [Wink]

So, I shall keep you posted and if there is any news I'll let you know.

Mike

ps. I check the forum as often as I get the chance, but as I have to use internet cafes and pay by the minute I rarely get the chance to log on and contribute. But remember - I'm watching [Cool]

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 12, 2005 10:24 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds great! Its cold here in NYC....brrrrrr!!!!
UPS keeps their logs for months and months...
You will be fine. And tanned! [Smile]

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2006 07:27 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gentlemen.

The above mystery has to some extent been resolved but has in some respects become more bizzarre.

Master & Commander has now surfaced; here in New Zealand...

I left a parcel of Kodachrome with my parents in the UK before setting off on my RTW trip, with a view to having them sent on should I need them. I arranged for them to be sent to me in NZ and when I arrived here and opened the package there was no Kodachrome but a fresh print of M&C.

I can only assume that having left it so long before checking with my parents that the parcel had arrived, they had forgotten about it. How they came to send it half way round the world to me though is another thing entirely, I haven't yet got to the bottom of that and perhaps never will...

I have apologised to Ged at Derann and thank him for his efforts to find the 'missing' package as I do Kevin.

One small thing though that will extend this saga further; though I had no projector at my disposal, I was able to cast an eye over the heads of eadh reel and found that I have two reel 2s and no reel 6.
Something that will have to wait to be sorted until I get back to the UK in August.

Mike

--------------------

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2006 11:15 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Mike, It seems to me that you need to take M&C all the way to the Galapagos Islands where no doubt the missing reels will be waiting

--------------------
Tony

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted February 04, 2006 09:13 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this odd feeling someone in the Amazon jungle is missing a reel #2 right now. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC