8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo vs Sankyo (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Elmo vs Sankyo
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2006 02:34 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
hello there sam;have tou bought the sankyo 800 yet?.andy.
Big Grin

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2006 03:23 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
well sam,have you bought the sankyo 800 yet?.andy.ps hows your film shows going.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2006 04:23 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,just looking at your replies to the sankyo vs elmo.I have a couple of elmo machines and one of them is a st1200d model and this has the pulse sync facility on it .I do agree that the elmo is the better machine for the first time buyer and i have a sankyo machine also which is a great machine but i do tend to use the elmo more just because of the bigger reel capacity.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted March 18, 2006 11:01 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pulse-sync on your ST1200? You're not confusing that with the ESS system on a GS1200, are you? Because all that the pulse-sync jack on the ST1200 does is give you a pulse signal for every full turn of the shutter wheel. I think it was meant as a simple way to synchronize tape recorders with the projector... but don't expect to be plugging one of Pedro's units in there and recording soundtracks from DVDs (nevermind the fact no ST1200 model can even record in stereo). [Wink]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2006 05:30 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jan,your right about the use of pulse sync with the ess system using a tape recorder and a st1200 but i have used this system to re-record a soundtrack in the past,o.k it is not as quick and not in stereo but it did work[just!]Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC