8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Derann's GREAT customer service!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann's GREAT customer service!
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 16, 2005 01:45 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Derann had just received my copy of the "Fog" which I sadly had to return due to focus problems.
Here is their reply:

"I am in receipt of your return package and have refunded your MasterCard
account for xxxx less xxxx VAT, xxxx plus xxx (full amount) UPS
delivery, xxxx Pounds, with sincere apologies."

So they refunded the cost of the film PLUS the shipping charges. And it has already shown on my statement. Not tomorrow, not next week but the same morning they received the film.
That is GREAT customer service and thats why I truly love ordering from Derann.
Thanks Derann!!

|  IP: Logged

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2005 06:09 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's really great....but of course, why wasn't that print checked before they went to all the trouble to send it in the first place? Seems to me that should have been part of the customer service. Of course, it may have been a used print and I don't think they usually check those. But at any rate...Derann is great to customers ..always fair ...always ready to help when something like that happens. I'd love to find a sharp scope print of The Fog myself. I've always missed them ...being too late oni buying from lists...or too low in bidding.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 17, 2005 08:44 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I worked in a film lab they used to check prints on the High Speed Projector and only certain reels. The opening of the film, the logo looked fine. The problem is so intermittant and so slight that it would be hard to tell. Its just that the focus looks a little soft in many spots. I would assume in Derann's case it would be impossible to screen all those films they have. Plus the "Fog" is generally regarded as having sharp focus so the only thing to check would have been the general condition of the print. And the condition is very good.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC