8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo 1200 HD manual

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo 1200 HD manual
David Storm
Junior

- posted January 02, 2006 01:51 PM      Profile for David Storm   Email David Storm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have bought an Elmo 1200 HD but there was no instruction manual
included. I'll be very happy if someone could email me a scan of the
manual. It was available on filmshooting.com but the ftp server is
closed now. I don't know what all the buttons and switches are for
and it will probably take weeks to get a printed version.

My email is "davidstorm AT spray DOT se".

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 02, 2006 09:48 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd gladly help you out David, but my HD came with a single track ST-1200 manual(!). If a Forum member should happen to have scans of an HD manual, could you please also e-mail them to Brad Miller so he can post them with the others at www.film-tech.com. Thanks!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted January 05, 2006 01:37 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You might want to download the ST-600 manual in the interim, as there are many similarities. Just click on the "MANUALS" button in the left frame.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 05, 2006 06:58 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a copy of the ST1200HD manual but need to get it into pdf format. As soon as I get this done I'll get it up on the site for you.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

David Storm
Junior

- posted January 05, 2006 03:14 PM      Profile for David Storm   Email David Storm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kevin! Do you also have the repair manual? I made a thorough cleaning and changed the voltage setting to 240V. It seems to work very well now, but I'm not sure how much tension there should be on the springs for the bottom rubber roller and the green plastic piece over the soundhead.

How quiet should this projector be? The sound from the fan and the claw is a bit too loud to not be annoying. Maybe some new grease will help?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted January 05, 2006 06:51 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin - Email me the image files and I will convert it to pdf and post it. [Smile]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 06, 2006 06:37 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, I'll get that sorted over the weekend.

Yes I do also have the service manual for these machines but to be quite honest it would take an age to scan all the 100 or so pages. If anyone wants to know specifics or have a scan of certain parts then I can do that or help where I can.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

David Storm
Junior

- posted January 06, 2006 07:22 AM      Profile for David Storm   Email David Storm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, I have found an old post where you said that the claw should stick out of the gate by 1mm, it's at least 3mm on mine. Where do I adjust this?

I didn't know the service manual was that big, it would probably take hours to scan and I fully understand you don't want to do that.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 06, 2006 09:33 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
David, I'll dig out that info and get the info to you. Do you have any Elmo service manuals? This adjustment is the same for all models.

Kev.

--------------------

David Storm
Junior

- posted January 08, 2006 10:48 AM      Profile for David Storm   Email David Storm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, unfortunely I don't have any service manuals, I hope I'll find one at a reasonable price.

Which parts do you use Castrol LM grease on? I think I can get some Molykote EP and Shell Alvania Gease 2 (or the replacement RL2) but the oils that Paul Adsett mentioned in the "Lubricating plastic gears" thread seems to be impossible to find. Is there any better alternatives to these?

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 08, 2006 06:30 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I would use the Alvania Grease 2 on just the gears. Most other parts of metal construction which obviously need greese can be treated with the Castrol LM.
Hope that's useful for you.
I have sent a copy of the user instruction manual (ST1200HD)to Brad today so hopefully he will upload it in the next day or two.

Kev.

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 09, 2006 03:37 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The ST1200HD users manual is now in the manual section under super 8 projectors. [Smile]
I set it up so that you can download it and print it straight out onto A4 sheets. 2 pages/sheet.

Kev. [Smile]

--------------------

David Storm
Junior

- posted January 09, 2006 02:01 PM      Profile for David Storm   Email David Storm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much Brad and Kevin.

Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2006 02:41 PM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes indeedy. Thanks a lot.
I'm beginning to have some idea about what I'm doing.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 10, 2006 06:17 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad thats helped. [Smile] Kev.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC