8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » problem with my Gs1200 pt 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: problem with my Gs1200 pt 2
Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2006 07:56 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found the problem!La welding of R355 was defective! Thank you with all for your answers! [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 20, 2006 10:42 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Antoine,

Strange, I cant see R355 in the manual. Where does it reside in the machine? Im interested to see why it should cause this strange problem.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2006 11:22 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,

No R355 but R335! Excuse me for my mistake!

Just on the left of relay RY301!

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 20, 2006 04:29 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats all very strange. R335 is shown on the circuit as a 1.2 ohm 2Watt resistor. It supplies the voltage to the exciter lamp. Its in circuit to supply a lower voltage to the exciter lamp untill the relays kick in and short it out to bring the exciter lamp up to full brightness.
There is no possible way that this is going to effect the operation of the main lamp only the exciter lamp as the circuits are not connected in any way.

Antoine, I suspect that in repairing this bad joint you may have actually disturbed another joint possibly on one of the relays. I would check for other bad joints.

Hope this helps, Kev.

PS. While we are on this subject I have given Brad a copy of the whole GS1200 service manual in PDF form which he will put on the forum here under the manuals section for those who want a copy.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2006 05:33 PM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,
I do not know but the projector works well now! I have a bad copy of the handbook of repair of the GS1200 and there are identifications which I cannot read on the electric diagram!

Thank you and good night!
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 20, 2006 06:38 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Lets hope it stays that way for you now. Maybe that problem you found was putting some strain on some the power supply. Fingers crossed all is sorted.

Kev.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC