8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Pedro's box

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pedro's box
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 26, 2006 09:24 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
Although, I don't think I will be able to buy GS, but can anybody explain in the lay way, how does Pedro's box work?

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 27, 2006 04:06 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert,

Basically and in simple terms, Pedro's box plugs into the ESS socket and then crystal controls the speed of the GS at either 16, 18, 24 & 25FPS.
The box is very acurate and will alow to you to sync a PAL DVD or other PAL video source at 25FPS.
This box doesnt quite work for NTSC as pure NTSC needs to be run at 23.9 fps and not 24 fps.
As you can see it is possible to sync a DVD to a feature film and get sync for either rerecording the soundtrack in stereo or just for enhanced 5.1 surround quality.

This is the method used by John Clancy and Keith Wilton at the BFCC to give the enhanced surround demo's.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC