8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Substituting CXR 8v,50w lamp -- Please Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Substituting CXR 8v,50w lamp -- Please Help
Ashoke Shiladitya Sanyal
Junior

- posted February 06, 2006 01:58 PM      Profile for Ashoke Shiladitya Sanyal   Email Ashoke Shiladitya Sanyal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a canon cineprojector S-400 old model which uses expencive and hard to find CXR 8v,50w lamp . Can any one give me some idea to replace this lamp by modyfing the projector by any less expencive lamp which is easyly avliable in market . Thanks -- shiladitya

--------------------
Shiladitya

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 06, 2006 02:26 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ashoke,

Welcome to the forum.

I cannot answer your question, but someone here will.

I just want to greet you since you are from a big country with big movie industries, but none of your fellow country is represented here. So you are the first! (I think).

Tell me about the 8mm scence in your place.

I oneday found Bollywood movie in 8mm. Are there still many 8mm now around there. What about Western movies? Did Indian Companies also release those Hollywood movies in 8mm by bootlegging and/or legal way?

Tell us..tell us, I was so amazed...

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 07, 2006 08:35 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The CXR lamp can be substituted by the CXL which is also an 8 volt 50 watt lamp. The only difference is the outside appearance of the lamps, the CXR looks like 'Robby the Robot' with its peculiar sivered robot look, but the CXL is functionally an identical lamp in a conventional cyclindrical shape and with the suspended internal reflector mirror in the identical location as on the CXR (where the mirror is silvered on the inside of the lamp envelope). The Sylvania CXL lamps are available from Tob Bulb in the USA (www.topbulb.com) and lists at $25.99. I use these bulbs on my standard 9 Bolex 18-5 which originally came with the 'bulbous'CXR lamp, and there is no difference in performance.

http://www.topbulb.com/find/Product_Description.asp?intProductID=43457

[ February 07, 2006, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Paul Adsett ]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2006 08:36 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Irrelevant trivia.Paul,enough of the Robbie stuff......
we call the 8v 50w cold lamps,"Marilyn Monroe"bulbs.......... [Wink]

--------------------
Trevor

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 11, 2006 09:45 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.......more like the 'Jayne Mansfield' bulb, I would say Trev! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Ashoke Shiladitya Sanyal
Junior

- posted February 13, 2006 12:45 PM      Profile for Ashoke Shiladitya Sanyal   Email Ashoke Shiladitya Sanyal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi every buddy specially Winbert , First I like to beg apology from all of you for replying late .

I am from that country with a big film industry . Specially I am from home-land of Great "RAY" ( Satyajit Ray , Hrittik Ghatak , Tarun Mazumder , Mrinal sen etc ) Yes I am from a more than 300 yrs old city Kolkata (calcutta) . Usege of super 8 in our country is too small . Some film institute and film students are using it for . I have a hobby to collecting vintege news reels . And I make the copy of those film some times also some experiment on photography using super 8 .

The common format in here is DVD and LCD Projector/TV for home viewing . But I dislike synthetic like digital photography and digital projection also .

Now I have many news reels from US point of view , I need some news reels of world event (WW1 WW2 post-WW2) of others point of view like british , russia , german etc can any body help me to get that ?? I am working in media world (News and News based production ) as techinical head .

Hi Paul how are you , Thanks for your response . Actually I want to avoid CXR/CXL can you please suggest me other lowcost olter native ?

Thanks to all

Shiladitya

--------------------
Shiladitya

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 13, 2006 02:04 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Shiladitya,

quote:
I oneday found Bollywood movie in 8mm. Are there still many 8mm now around there. What about Western movies? Did Indian Companies also release those Hollywood movies in 8mm by bootlegging and/or legal way?
So have ever Indian companies released commercial films in 8mm format ?

Just curious!,

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Ashoke Shiladitya Sanyal
Junior

- posted February 16, 2006 11:45 AM      Profile for Ashoke Shiladitya Sanyal   Email Ashoke Shiladitya Sanyal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert

No there is no bollywood movie made in 8mm/S8mm film . Some years our last format was 16mm . I think any distributor out of country maid this release . CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME THE NAME OF THE MOVIE FOUND IN 8MM FORMAT ?? SO I CAN CHROSS CHECK MY INFORMATION .

Thanks

shiladitya

--------------------
Shiladitya

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 16, 2006 03:12 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shiladitya,

I could not remember that particular movie, since it is not my gem, I was just caught by surprise at that time (but surely it is not Kuch, kuch hota hae... [Wink] ).

Just a bit out of the topic, here is in Fiji 45% of the population is Indian. No body in this forum knows that, doesn't it?
except Trevor of course.

Ok back to the film. Shiladitya, you are a bit late to come to this forum. A few weeks ago someone post this ebay's lot

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6474650543

Waaauuw hundreds of Bollywood movies (in 35mm) were sold for $99!. Some of them are stereo, Dolby and DTS!!

Geeez...I believe in your country it will be worth more, even for the cell of the pictures, we can make something. Or even only the films can could be used for something else.

(Note: In the developing countries, 35 mm movie cells are cut and with reflector, mirror and magnifier it become nice entairtainment unit... [Big Grin] ).

Back again to 8mm, so as you are concerned no 8mm Indian movies were ever released, but what about western/Hollywood movies? Were there available there?

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC