8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » (Info) Nice sites to get 8mm artworks cover

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: (Info) Nice sites to get 8mm artworks cover
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 14, 2006 12:01 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I don't know if someone has ever referred to these sites, but anyway, many sites have compiled 8mm artwork covers. This is good news for those who have not been able to get the original cover and would like to have it.

Mainly Horror, Sci-fi, Cartoo, Comedy and Derann films (unfortunatelly some of them are photo not scan)
http://www.angelfire.com/movies/8mmboxes/8mm.html

Mainly Walt Disney (scanned pictures)
http://cine8.free.fr/film_super8.htm

Cannot find the original covers, why don't make your custom artworks through the film posters (unfortunatelly mostly in Germany)
http://www.filmplakat-oldies.de/

Anything you want to see from Germany collection (good resulotion and various genres)
http://www.super-8-hobby.de/rezent-a.htm

If you can add some more, it will be great.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 14, 2006 02:59 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, the last one is great... thanks for the links.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 14, 2006 03:49 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonder if there are any sites about with the English covers. That last site is superb but they are mainly German covers.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2006 05:38 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, if a forum member would not mind being the host, then I am sure that there is enough of us to send him scanned box art. Doug has recently helped me out with one of my Tom & Jerry requests for cover artwork. Thanks again Doug. [Wink]

If no one is interested, then I am prepared to be the host. Once enough cover artwork is supplied then I will put them on a downloadable site in category of subject.

There will be some limitations to the images, I would not like to turn on the PC in the morning & find that I have twenty emails at 12mb each.

Let me know your thoughts.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2006 10:30 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Craig, good idea though it may be enough for one of us (or more) to maintain a library of images. The list of those available could then be added to the forum, updated regularly with a note of the members maintaining the library.

With enough artwork, who knows we might have enough for a CD-Rom that could be mailed for a small donation to a worthy charitable cause?

--------------------
Tony

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2006 03:01 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Last one is the homepage from a collector from my hometown Berlin. His Name is Robert Weidemann, he is a nice person. I surf since few days on his site, because he wrote to all titles a review. It is very helpful to see which title has still good color, how is the sound and how sharp is the picture.
I wish he do that for much more Super 8 prints.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 15, 2006 03:32 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Craig and others,

What about if we start that idea now. I knew it will be painfull if every morning someone has to download 12 mb of pictures. So to work this out, how if we open a "common bulletin" where everybody can upload his pictures.

It will work like this. We open a blogsite and every member in this forum knows the password to fill the blog. Password will be distributed via PM channel in this forum. Pitures can be placed at a photo hosting site (such as photobucket.com or such kind) linked to our blog.

What do you think?

I am so eager to have such a 8mm artwork site.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2006 05:07 PM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

Roberts super8-hobby.de site is the best review site I know.
I use sometimes his scans he made and I supply him sometimes
with scans from me. I like his reviews because he knows often
the different between the full length and the selected scene edition.

Here is another 8mm database.
http://www.super8online.de
The owner uses pictures he made self or he found in world wide web.

There is also a page about animal horror http://www.tierhorror.de by
Marcus Littwin.
This is mainly a page for video releases but if there existing also 8mm releases of several titles and he have it also collected, than there are also published 8mm boxes. But they are hidden slightly.
For example: Search vor "CMV", click title "Squirm",
then look in the text for "Super 8" and click on "Cover und Infos". Then a window opens with the 8mm boxes.

Andreas

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC