8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig Mark S-M-O

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig Mark S-M-O
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 10, 2006 06:49 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A nice looking example of the very rare Eumig Mark S M/O (magnetic plus optical sound) is now on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eumig-Mark-S-M-O-SOUND-Projector-MINT_W0QQitemZ9121908099QQcategoryZ1476QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have never seen one of these. Can anyone on the forum post up a picture of the optical sound head on this machine?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2006 07:19 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry...no way to post pictures. Can only endorse the projector. I bought one of the last brand new ones a few years ago from one of the New York camera dealers ....It was only about 120 dollars and still works great. It seems to be an 810 body modified for additional optical sound. Rock steady picture and an aperture that gives you all the super 8 frame. Makes for a slightly squarer picture than we are used to on some of the other machines. Very reliable unit.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 11, 2006 07:22 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's only the second one of those I've seen on offer.

Does anyone know what other Eumigs, if any, were offered with optical sound?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 11, 2006 09:38 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eumig also had the Mark S-O (Optical only), the Bi-Ton Deluxe (Mag & Opt) and the Memory Stereo 90 (Mag & Opt). MS90 PDF manual/pics download here)

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 11, 2006 10:22 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the information, Doug. I wonder what the rationale was for an optical only model, unless airlines were using them and doing changeovers!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 11, 2006 08:37 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, the Memory Stereo 90 is a magnetic-only model (it does have twin-track and of course stereo capability). It was built for Eumig by Silma and is strikingly similar in design and features to the Bauer T430 Servo Stereo (also made by Silma). But optical? Not in this one [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 12, 2006 10:56 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,

There is a Memory Stereo model listed in Juergen's book as having both mag/opt capabilities.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted April 12, 2006 10:33 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really? [Eek!] Wow, I haven't heard of it then. Even so, the PDF manual you linked to is for the magnetic version only. [Wink]

I do need that projector book... I just can't justify the price right now... darn, why is this hobby so expensive! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC