8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » BFCC Rumour

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BFCC Rumour
John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2006 08:40 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Wilton has had several calls from collectors claiming to have heard that the Ealing conventions have been cancelled. You've got to laugh really even though it is hard to understand why anyone would wish to start such a rumour.

Still, be assured that the 51st BFCC is going ahead on 20th May as scheduled. I don't suppose that Mike Peckham bloke will show up though!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 12, 2006 08:47 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone had the time and inclination, it would be interesting to try and trace such rumours back to their source. I wouldn't be surprised if the origin is the same person or people responsible for the 'Derann are pulling out of 8mm' rumours that seem to circulate every few years.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2006 11:53 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John

I'd love to be there but unfortunately I shall still be away on my Sojourn, albeit back in Europe by then but probably in the region of the Alps en-route to Greece [Cool] .

I shall definitely be there for the October one though [Smile] .

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2006 12:24 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John

Glad to hear. Yes rumours about Ian of Perry's as well. I wonder who might be the culprit? Ummm let me think....... [Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2006 12:27 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There will always be these rumours and in some respect the old adage "any publicity is good publicity" comes into affect here.

At least by suggesting that Perrys and Derann are pulling out of Film sales and saying that the BFCC is cancelled will draw peoples attention to them and make more people aware that super 8 is still far from dead!

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 13, 2006 05:22 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Well said Mike, I agree with you on that one.....good bit of advertising really.
But yes the same few will always try to down the hobby by starting these silly rumours.
I heard that John Clancy was emigrating and that Keith Wilton had junked all his gear and films and turned to DVD [Wink]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC