8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » News from WideScreenCentre: New Standard8 filmstock + a DVD for free

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: News from WideScreenCentre: New Standard8 filmstock + a DVD for free
Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2006 02:57 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From WDC's "SIGHT'N SOUND issue Number 399 Monday 8th May 2006"
quote:

========================================================
JAKES PROGRESS - Introducing a New Standard-8 Emulsion!
And a VERY SPECIAL OFFER for customers only.

Says Jake: “Now here’s some really good news for all users of Standard-8 (variously also called Double-8 and Regular-8) - that’s the format the pre-dated the introduction of Super-8. We will shortly be receiving our first consignment of a totally new (to Standard-8 users) COLOUR REVERSAL emulsion. What’s more, it is a genuine daylight stock so you don’t need any fancy filters to convert it for use outdoors. And, added to that, it has an ASA speed rating of 100. Now, what could be better than that?”

“Price-wise I am expecting it to be around the same cost as the old Color-25 that we used to offer, but this is to be confirmed. If you give me a ring during the coming week after Thursday, I should know the answer”.

“We’ve done our bit, now it’s up to you to use it!”

GET OUR DVD - FREE!(usual price GBP 10.00)

Continues Jake: “Those of you who are regular readers of this column will already be aware of the Super-8 Showcase DVD we previously produced. You’ll also know that I recently updated this with new material so that runs for an eye-opening 10-minutes. Shot by myself and brother Daniel, it was produced entirely on Super-8 stock and then transferred to DVD using our recently installed and truly excellent SuperScanTM telecine
machine”.
“With this DVD we take you on a kaleidoscope tour of Kodachrome-40, Ektachrome 64T, Ektachrome-125T, Plus-X, Tri-X reversal stocks and Vision 200T and 500T negative emulsions. For the interest of enthusiasts I’ve also included some unusual, extraordinary, bonus footage of Tri-X that we copied using a MiniDV; we then transferred this to Kodak Vision 500T stock, and from there – finally - on to this latest DVD. A totally unique experiment, the results of which has to be seen to believed”.

“The film stocks are presented in 16:9 and full 'CinemaScope’. When played back on a big TV screen the quality of the original footage and the transfer to digital can really be appreciated...and this DVD is available to you in either of our London or Nottingham shops and collect, or order for just £10.00”.

WHAT ABOUT THE SPECIAL OFFER?

“However, until the end of this month (31st May 2006) I am offering a limited number of copies of this DVD, ENTIRELY FREE, to every customer who buys five (5), or more, cartridges of any type of our Super-8 stocks”.

“At this point in time, this offer is for our customers only who are readers of SIGHT’N SOUND – remember, you’ll have read it first here (and it will not appear on our web pages for some days). So get your orders in for your film stock as quickly as possible and receive this great disk. To save time, Jack has said that he will take care of these orders, so just eMail him at mailto:jack@widescreen-centre.co.uk
Or ring him on 0115 945 5459, but do it now!”.

Yours filmically, Jake” FILM DIVISON

EDITORS NOTE: Jake Astbury is also the manager of the London Branch of The Widescreen Centre and is in charge of our Motion Picture Division. Talk to him when you want the best and latest information on filming. Speak to him about Super-8 and 16mm film processing...you'll get all the right answers. 020 7935 2580 or eMail him by clicking on:
mailto:jake@widescreen-centre.co.uk

NOTE ON TELECINE: In addition to supplying standard playable DVD's, we can also offer other file formats transferred on to DVD for for editing purposes. To discuss your requirements call Jake on 020 7935 2580

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC