8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 8mm buyers from "timbuktu" ...?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8mm buyers from "timbuktu" ...?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 11, 2006 11:47 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

If we heard buyers from USA, UK, France, German, or Australia that will not attract our eyes.

But have you ever heard (past or present) buyers from unknown (or taking the Donald Duck's term is Timbuktu) countries?

I was triggered by the story of GS 1200 found in Saudi Arabia, so I was thinking that back before the video era, those sultans or rich men in Africa, Pacific, Asia also purchased 8mm for their entairtaiment.

Just a bit story that when I was in Fiji, I was thinking to fly to Nauru, a tiny state in the Pacific. The reason was based on the information that Nauru used to be the richest country in the world as a result their natural resources, but then went to bankrupt. I believed that some 8mm or projectors were lying there unused.

So,...perhaps Kevin (or others) who closely knows those guys from Derann or CHC could ask if they had ever sent 8mm films to the said countries.

NB: It does actually "timbuktu" exist in the map, pls check google.

cheers,

[ May 13, 2006, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC