8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My first film show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My first film show
Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2006 04:17 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have always been keen to show my old home movies, but it has only been in the last few months that I have discovered the collecting side of things, unfortunately, at a time when I haven't really got the money for it!
Anyway, on the 5th May, after recently purchasing an Eumig S940, I finally had a couple of mates around for a show.
Everything was set up before they arrived; screen was set up in front of the telly and aligned with the projector; projector focused using one of my own home movies (yes, I still couldn't resist fiddling with the focus knob throughout the show! [Smile] ), and tubs of ice cream purchased [Razz] .
Unfortunately I hadn't checked the films beforehand, so had to do some trimming on the main feature (had not shown any of these films before; will check my films in advance in future).
After we had settled down, first up was a trailer; Bruce Lee: The Big Boss (thanks, Barry). This set the scene nicely.
Next was a 400 footer of adverts from the seventies presented by Pearl and Dean (Papa, papa, papa papa, pa pa pa). This was my first chance to judge the sound quality from the S940, and I was absolutely delighted with it. Am using 2 Eumig external speakers straight from the projector, and in a small room like my living room this was more than enough.
Finally, the 4 x 400ft version of Bruce Lee: The Big Boss.
Although in German, the three of us were glued to the screen. [Eek!]

Afterwards, both my friends agreed that this is the way to watch films. What a great night.
I can't wait for my next show in June! [Big Grin]

Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 15, 2006 07:01 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Dave!

As a fellow 940 owner, I wholeheartedly agree with you about the sound quality of the Eumig. It's just spectacular. There's something about the presence of a film projector in the room that turns watching a movie into an great experience. It even makes the ice cream taste better!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 15, 2006 07:35 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second Doug's comments about the sound quality of the Eumig S938/940- just about the best sound you will ever hear from any super 8 projector, including the GS1200.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC