8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Star wars trilogy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star wars trilogy
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 20, 2006 07:59 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When the trilogy was re-released (new digital version) on Video, in every disc there is a somekind of trailer for the three episodes which quite long version. It is a highlight from episode 4,5 and 6.

Can we get this trailer in super 8mm?

your advise please,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 20, 2006 08:58 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try asking Gary at Derann...

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 21, 2006 06:15 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, surely, that is the way. But I am not going to buy, but, just to let my friend know about this.

I don't think it is wise to ask a kind like this to dealer without intention to buy. That is why I am asking here.

So anybody in the forum can help me.

Thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 21, 2006 06:36 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh. Okay. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2006 07:40 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, about 1997/8 Independent 8 released the 1997 Star Wars re-release trailer.

Don't know if this is the one you mean but it is on the DVDs.

It starts with a small TV screen with a voice over saying, "if you've only seen Star Wars on the TV screen, you haven't seen it at all!"

Then an X-Wing fighter bursts out of the screen and the action opens into full 'scope with lots of clips from all three films.

Also released was the '97 re-release trailer for Empire Strikes Back / Return of the Jedi Combo and finally a third trailer just for Jedi.

I think you need to watch out for these second hand. They were released on reels with other trailers as I recall; maybe Barry from Independent 8 could clarify exactly how they were released.

Print quality is great on all three.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC