8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » UK 8mm Disney's Box

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK 8mm Disney's Box
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 29, 2006 03:05 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just received a bunch of 200 and 400" Disneys from UK. When I received them, I straight searched the tag on the edge of their cardbox.

What I found that all were writeen "printed in USA". Having known this I was so sure that they were made in USA and much likely their color would have faded.

But to my surprise that on each leader it was written "Bucks Lab UK" where one reel was on Kodak LPP while other were AGFA and Fuji.

You may have known that color will be good and they were!.

So...a simple question, why the boxes were written "printed in USA". Are all Disney's boxes in UK like this or I was just the lucky one?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Chester Brooks
Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2006 03:52 AM      Profile for Chester Brooks   Email Chester Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are they in the photo boxes Disney used to supply or white boxes?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 29, 2006 04:54 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are in photo boxes (art works). And the tags are found on the botom corner at each box.

--------------------
Winbert

Chester Brooks
Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2006 05:55 AM      Profile for Chester Brooks   Email Chester Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe a collector has switched films keeping the colour boxes but replacing them with Derann prints

Chester

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 29, 2006 05:55 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they were all like that. The box artworks for the ones I have all say USA on them so I can only think that Disney in the UK used the same boxes. Probably cheaper for them to do that than have new artwork etc done in the UK.

Yes most of Bucks Labs prints were on the LPP or Fuji stocks with the very late prints being on Agfa. So fade tends to be less of a problem for the UK Disney prints.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC