8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » You know you love film when...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You know you love film when...
Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 06, 2006 11:09 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...you spend a sunny, hot afternoon at an outdoors flea market with your wife and happen to come across an unmarked 200ft. reel of b/w silent standard-8 film sealed in a can, practically heading straight for vinegar syndrome, and feel obligated to save the film by buying it for $4, despite having no idea what it is.

[Cool]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

|  IP: Logged

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2006 11:37 PM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How/what did that old standard 8 film turn out to be?

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 07, 2006 08:22 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A cartoon starring a pig. I haven't watched the whole thing, the film was torn in the middle of the reel and the projector I was using gave me some trouble (a cheap Chinon dual-8 model 727). [Eek!]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC