8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Query on a German-made projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Query on a German-made projector
Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2006 06:29 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On eBay Germany I saw this offer:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Filmprojektor-Super-8- Normal-8-NECKERMANN-HLD-600_W0QQitemZ330004553609QQihZ014QQcategoryZ8271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
as I don't know this mark and am interested in buying a S8/N8 sound
projector,I'm posing this query to anyone (perhaps especially Germans?)in the Forum who might know more about the HLD branch.
Any suggestions?

--------------------
Yannis

|  IP: Logged

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2006 07:33 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis,

have had these projector. Has no gear wheel before the grip arm.
Image interferences therefore often occur.

This projector is like some "Bauer" made by SILMA, Italy.
Light: 12 Volt / 100 Watt

"Neckermann" was a home order company like Quelle (Revue). Both
companies fused togehter with Karstadt to Karstadt-Quelle.
The story behind the formerly company "Neckermann" and his "owner" Mr. Neckermann is shaming and makes anger.

best
Andreas

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 13, 2006 01:36 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's roughly the Silma S233 (aka Bauer T180).

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2006 03:03 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andreas, Jean-Mrc,thanks for the info; Andreas, it is indeed a frustrating story- old third Reich demons have to be buried nowadays though, and I just stick to the description of the projector which, judging from what you're saying, is not recommendable for a joint S8/Reg8 sound machine;guess I'd rather stick to Bauer -the par excellence synonymous of German cine industry [Wink] !
Danke and merci bien [Smile] !

--------------------
Yannis

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 13, 2006 04:28 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis, if you want Super and Normal 8 sound to coexist in one machine, go for a Eumig of the 800 series. They do respect the frame difference in sound between super and regular 8, which is not the case for other brands.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC