8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Cineva and Kodak 64T

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cineva and Kodak 64T
Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2006 06:45 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well as many of you would allready know from earlier threads on the new Cineva Cartridges David Pannell and myself dissapointingly both had Cineva cartridges that were too tight and would not run in any of our super 8 cameras, Bauer, Nizo and Eumig.

I swithched to the new Kodak 64T which is quicker to get hold of here in the U.K. whilst waiting for replacement Cineva cartridges. Nice to see the problems have now been sorted with the new Cineva running fine in my Eumig Nautica.

Both the 64T and Cineva are back from the labs so I am able to give a comparison:
Both film stocks were shot in the basic Eumig Nautica which will not recognize the cartridge speed notch.
I can't see any problems with overexposure with the 64T, the film looks fine with very intense colour, it is very grainy which gives it a very different look to the old K40 and the Cineva. Top notch processing by Frank at the Super8 reversal lab, Netherlands. I've also phoned E.V.T. Magnetics who have assured me they WILL be able to sound stripe 64T.
Personally I was very excited with the results from the Cineva, it has a very fine grain and looks more like the old K40 only with superior brightness, outstanding depth, contrast and colour.
So there you have it, K40 has gone but if I still had a choice I'd buy the superior Cineva anyway, as a bonus the 64T can be used for a different look and both are available process paid.
I'm getting another order in quick for the Cineva as there is allready a 3 week wait at the moment due to high demand!

|  IP: Logged

Andy Oliver
Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2006 01:47 AM      Profile for Andy Oliver   Email Andy Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, thanks for the update, where did you buy the fuji 50 from. Now down to my last 5 k40s, with 64t looking like an ants nest when projected need to find a replacement film soon.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2006 07:30 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the useful info Mark,
does anyone know why we haven't seen yet Cinevia in the UK,or if there's someone here working on it now?
As I've got a Cannon 514 XL-S camera,I'd really prefer to saty with 40 ASA to the hassle of switching my camera to take 64 ASA-plus the cost of the film itself...

--------------------
Yannis

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2006 02:11 PM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I buy Cineva from ANDEC Filmtechnik Berlin ( www.andecfilm.de ) They accept Paypal and the Film can be ordered process paid, so you send it back with the process paid voucher that comes with it. The last one I sent off came back in two weeks.

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2006 01:42 PM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry wrong web address for Cineva, Andec is the lab that process it, GK-Film GmbH sell it on their web site www.film-super8.de

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC