8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » One more query for a German-made projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One more query for a German-made projector
Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2006 07:12 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know I'm getting obsessed with this issue,but can't help searching for a double-8 sound machine,and that's my newest finding:
http://cgi.ebay.de/EXAKTA-elektronik-480-SEL-DUOPLAY-mit-TON_W0QQitemZ160009294536QQihZ006QQcategoryZ8271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
any info on the quality of it-which looks fantastic I must say,but
I know nothing of this mark-? [Smile]

--------------------
Yannis

|  IP: Logged

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2006 08:02 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis .. .guess ....

Exakta is brand of ..........?

of Neckermann. Like "Revue" of "Foto-Quelle".

Don´t know the true company behind projector.

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2006 08:17 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Yanis, I used to have one of these machines. The good points are that it takes a 800ft reel & is whisper quiet. The down side is that you change the settings from super 8 to standard 8 at the flick of a switch, when this goes wrong it can be a nightmare re-aligning the sprocket & gate mechanism.

If you want a quality duel 8 machine, try & find a Eumig 810 lux or the 824 twin track.

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 22, 2006 01:20 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went to browse my Movie Projectors book and finally found it... the picture that reveals the answer... apparently this Exacta was originally a Pathe DuoSound MS 225 electronic. The two machines look exactly alike, judging from the photos in the book (and on eBay).
Somehow you don't think of Pathe, known for their 9.5mm machines, as making a relatively modern twin-track super-8 projector, but apparently they did...!

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2006 03:13 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys [Smile]
--Andreas: Neckermann again?Even behind Revue? I have a Lux 80 model at home which is identical to Chinon SS1200! Are you sure it's them?
--Craig,it's exactly this 250 metres spool that makes me interested- you don't see this often in a Dual-8 projector!Did the one you own often give you a hard time with the sprocket & gate mechanism then?
--Jan,I knew Pathe were making sophisticated 8mm cameras-even one equipped with a 120 metre magazine in 1974 [Eek!] -but not this kind of projectors! Must say I like the design,though...

--------------------
Yannis

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2006 06:09 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

quote:
--Andreas: Neckermann again?Even behind Revue?
No, "Quelle" (or its subsection "Foto Quelle") is behind "Revue". And Andreas doesn't state anything else! [Wink]

BTW: Neckermann did have a lot of labels beside "Neckermann" and "Exakta" when relabeling photographic/movie-related equipment.
[Wink]

Jörg

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2006 07:28 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis, if you look where the changeover switch is, & the gate assembly is, you will realise that there is some linkage involved in moving the gate & sprocket assembly over.

Mine had a lot of free play in the linkage due to age. There is very little tolerance in the position of the feed area & this is what can shred your films up. If you need to adjust this machine you will need a lot of patience & a lot of sacrificial leader.

I also forgot to mention that my machine only had a 12v 50w lamp. This can be a little off-putting as projected image is a bit on the yellow side.

quote:
Went to browse my Movie Projectors book and finally found it...
Jan, what book are you refering to......... Sounds interesting

Craig

--------------------

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 24, 2006 07:59 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why, this one. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2006 08:13 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jan [Wink]

Craig

--------------------

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2006 03:04 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Joerg-must have misread Andreas's reply [Embarrassed] :
Cheers Craig,the Exakta on offer does have a stronger lamp;as for the change-over mechanism,I'll see to that if I win it-although,having said that,there's a Eumig 810 on offer again on eBay Germany--ah,those dual-8 sound projectors...
Thanks also to Jan for pointing at the web-page! [Cool]

--------------------
Yannis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC