8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2006 07:02 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

Can anyone advise whether 'Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory" with Gene Wilder was ever released on Super-8 as either a condensed or full feature? I have searched on Google and Ebay but found no trace of there ever having been a release. It appears that the film is available on 16mm however.

I suspect that this would be a keenly sought after film.

Regards Peter

|  IP: Logged

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2006 07:34 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now the Aussies are starting to appear! Welcome Peter.

I have never known this to appear on Super 8. In Australia, and I imagine Germany where it was shot, this was a family favourite for decades. A 400 footer would have sold well in the markets where it was a popular theatrical feature.

It may have existed, but I never saw it advertised here in the 1970's and 80's and I went through my catalogues with a fine tooth comb. I mostly had catalogues from The Eight Millimenter Film Centre that was a store that sold Super 8 from all the major distributors. It generally incorporated the major distributors catalogues (Ken, Walton, Columbia, Castle, MGM, Disney, Technofilm etc) and included a good deal from independents too.

Anyone else know if Willie Wonka made it to Super 8?

David

Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2006 08:48 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing as we are on the subject maybe mention on any 16mm prints sighted is in order as well? My kids absolutely love this film and watch it again and again. That and the Tim Burton version.

Regards Peter

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2006 03:10 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys, it never came out, I believe it was a Warner Bros. release, and very few items from that company made it's way onto 8mm, although I believe I may have seen a trailer to it sometime, but that was a long while ago, nothing recently!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC