8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » L&H Fletcher Film request

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: L&H Fletcher Film request
Stuart Fyvie
Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2006 05:54 AM      Profile for Stuart Fyvie   Email Stuart Fyvie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi folks, I am looking for the title of a Laurel and Hardy film. It was released on 8mm
by Flecther Films (remember them?) under the title of
'On the wrong track'. It had the boys with a gas mask and set during WW1. Been a while scince I have seen it as I sold it years ago. It was a 200ft extract. They were just about the only titles I could afford at the time at the age of 9!. Got it of LGP for £2.99. A lot of pocket time Back then. Always wondered what film thid was taken from. Anybody out there any ideas?

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 30, 2006 10:22 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart,

Could that have been taken from Block-Heads(1938)? That starts off during WWI, where Stan is left to guard a trench. Twenty years later, he's still there, since no one told him that the war has ended.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 30, 2006 10:43 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw this one earlier this year, but I don't remember any gas masks in it whatsoever.

You may still be right, though...

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Stuart Fyvie
Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2006 02:40 AM      Profile for Stuart Fyvie   Email Stuart Fyvie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wasnt from blockheads. It was definitley from a silent feature. It had title cards
and ran at silent speed. I also remember Ollie trying to roll a cigarette with one hand.
I think he played a sargent. The gas mask gag took place in a railway carriage.

Stuart

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC