8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Classic Home Cinema to be commended!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Classic Home Cinema to be commended!
James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2006 09:35 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello to all.

I just recieved CHC's latest cartoon release- a black and white cartoon entitled "Boom Boom", starring Porky Pig (the OLD oversized one).

I just have to comment, that this is, without a doubt, the VERY BEST black and white picture quality I have ever seen on super 8. This will rival any of the best Blackhawk prints (which I love), and even 16MM!

The contrast is perfect, and every back ground detail can be seen very clearly. Great depth of field. Nothing washed out. No dark areas.

As for the content, its your typical war cartoon of that era, political in its time, may not be the most entertaining for little kids, but honestly, the quality, it just blew me away.

Phil, if you could release an old Universal horror classic in THIS quality, you will have collectors lining up.

Keep up the good work Phil!

By the way-
Phil just updated his site- the new releases are listed, but I couldnt find the old items like CHubb-CHubb or Spiderman. Wonder if the're still available?

Nick.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC