8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » perforated tape

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: perforated tape
Dave Johnson
Junior

- posted August 07, 2006 03:00 AM      Profile for Dave Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
G'Day all,
I am returning to S8mm film making, I used to be able to purchase 1/4" perforated magnetic tape with perfs to match film at 18 per 3 3/4" or 24 perfs per 7.5" Can you still source this tape? If so where from? used to be made by Ampex but maybe perforated by someone else, any help apreciated,
Regards from Down Under

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 08, 2006 06:25 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Available here: FFR Film Germany Then click on "Potter Produckt"

Welcome to the forum from me and the rest of the guy's. I'm sure you will find plenty to interest you and hopefully you will enjoy taking part.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Dave Johnson
Junior

- posted August 11, 2006 02:48 AM      Profile for Dave Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kev,
looks a good resource, I have mostly cresta gear and all seems still to be working ok, Many thanks regards to all
Dave

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2006 06:41 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great to have another Australian on board here Dave. I did not see one early in the year and now there are at least five, perhaps more. Welcome to the forum and back to Super 8!

David

Dave Johnson
Junior

- posted August 13, 2006 03:44 AM      Profile for Dave Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David, I'm in central Vic Nr Daylesford, we have a few S8 makers here, with a loose knit group giving a couple of public airings each year. Have managed to get myself up and running with the help of Ebay, could realy do with a means of counting pulses though, to enable full lyp sync, [still trying to get my head around sound stuff via the computer, any tips?]
Regards Dave

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC