8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » A night to remember-full lenght.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A night to remember-full lenght.
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2006 12:07 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,was the above title ever released in full lenght form?.
I do know that POWELL films of old did release a edited verson
many moons ago.Andy.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2006 04:02 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andy,A Night To Remember is available full lenght [5 x 400]and it was released by Powell as was the edited version.I do recall Classic Home Cinema having a copy some time ago so give them a call.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2006 03:01 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

I'm afraid you are wrong, the 5x400' version was the only feature version released, it ran for about 95 minutes, whereas the theatrical running time was 123 minutes, mind you if you didn't know the film too well, you wouldn't think much was missing as the story flows really well, I wish we had a deal like that today, where you had to cut a minimum of 20% out of a film, "Cars" would be much better for a 25 minute edit job.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2006 05:08 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry,I must have read the question incorrectly,I thought that the edited version mentioned by Andrew was a 400ft edition.I have a copy of the film which is a feature film on super 8 not a full length.Like most films in this format they are features but don't run minute for minute like a dvd or video.So Andrew i suppose the answer is no then.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2006 07:14 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Powell "feature" version is well worth getting even though some of the slow sections of the film have been trimmed. It's the only place you can see the dead baby scene which was cut by the censors and is not available on the laser disc or DVD version.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC