8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My latest eBay win

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My latest eBay win
Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2006 04:21 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...just couldn't resist it,so I thought it good to trumpet in the Forum my new Super/Std 8 Eumig 824 bought just last night from eBay
Germany for a good price I think:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&item=290015756002&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
My thanks to Jean-Marc and to Jan for their advice on the Eumig machines-hope very much this one will do good to the Eumig reputation! [Wink]

--------------------
Yannis

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 10, 2006 08:30 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done!!!! Congratulations [Smile] Hope it arrives in good shape, keep us posted [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 11, 2006 02:15 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great purchase Yanis (good price too). Have fun.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2006 03:14 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks again guys [Smile]
will definitely let you know how it goes when I set it to work- problem is, I only have one 60m sound std8 in Athens-need to find some more soon!

--------------------
Yannis

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 11, 2006 09:41 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't read the description but that's certainly a bargain if all is fine with the projector. I got an 824 last year and it beats any Eumig dual guage I'd previously owned, particularly in terms of sound quality.

One tip: I've generally found that dual guage Eumigs don't seem to like non-lubricated films, perhaps particularly with regard to Std 8. So don't panic if you have picture steadiness problems screening a non-lubricated film.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted August 11, 2006 10:23 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Usually a single round pin claw so lubing is essential or you get small little semi circle dips wearing in to the film at the bottom of the sprocket hole where the pin touch`s down especially acetate. Polys are Ok really.
best Mark.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 11, 2006 12:09 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is also quite important to keep the whole filmgate assay slightly lubed to avoid any scratching on the side of the film.

--------------------

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2006 02:39 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one.I always thought that those older machines DID'NT mark
films.Andy.
P.S maybe im wrong.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 11, 2006 03:41 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, on most Eumigs, the opening in the film gate is narrower resulting in a slightly "squarer" projected image. Second hand films that feature a running scratch on the very edge of the image have generally been through an unkept Eumig...

--------------------

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2006 03:54 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, Mark, Andrew, Jean-Marc,
my thanks to all of you for your precious comments and advice [Smile]
I'll definitely keep projector and films lubed before use,although as I said I've only got one Std 8 here and that's what I wanted the Eumig for;for the Super 8's I've got the Revue 80 Stereo and the Elmo ST 1200 in Athens-so now need to start collecting Std 8-oh Ealing's just a couple of moths away [Wink]

--------------------
Yannis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC