8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Revue Lux 80 Stereo Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Revue Lux 80 Stereo Projector
Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2006 03:41 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a problem with the sound on my projector.This Revue Lux 80 stereo machine is the same as the Chinnon SS1200 (i think}.The problem is that the sound on track 2 has gone.I was recording the soundtrack from track 1 to track 2 and on playback there is no sound.I thought it might be a speaker but when connected to the stereo it only comes out of 1 speaker.When i ran the film through another projector the sound had recorded.Has anyone got any ideas?thanks Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2006 04:33 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the machine in the stereo position or mono? Can't recall what this actually does to the twin track sound but thought I should point out the obvious.

How about muck on the head? Get in there with isopropryl alcohol and a cotton bud.

Knackered channel on the pre-amp.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 16, 2006 10:39 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Demagnetize the head, maybe?

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Rick Skowronek
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2006 01:15 PM      Profile for Rick Skowronek   Email Rick Skowronek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,

As I commented quite a few posts ago about magnetic recording, heads and the like, you have troubleshot it as you should by taking the film to a known good projector and found that the 2nd track was indeed recording as it was supposed to. As I mentioned in the past post, the most critical aspect of magnetic track recording is the record process. Worn or dirty heads or badly misaligned heads will impact dramatically on record and to a lesser extent on play back. The fact that you got recording says that pretty much the heads, record bias and most of the preamps are OK as these are common to both record and play back (with the exception of record bias).

My suggestion with no playback is one suggested often here by Kev and many others and that is to go in and out of Record several times with the switch. These switches, in addition to shifting the electronics around from one function to the other, also shift the head input/output as well. This is an extremely small signal on playback and the slightest bit of tarnish or switch corrosion can stop one track or the other from doing it's thing. These are not new machines and typically are mostly used in playback. The switches will most definitely dirty up after awhile.

Rick

Try it 15 or 20 times to see if you can get track 2 playback restored. Might just work. If that doesn't do it then the problem probably does go to a more complex electronics issue.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 18, 2006 03:49 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Rick, Spot on. As you say if that doesnt work then it must be another more in depth problem.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC