8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo Range of Projectors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo Range of Projectors
Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2006 01:40 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the equipment junkies; some projectors [Wink]

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 09, 2006 10:33 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike
Great photos, Elmo projectors were certainly built to last. I still have my original ST1200M I bought second hand in 1979 its over 30yrs old and I will never part with it, it has never let me down "not once" I consider it one of the most reliable projector ever made [Smile] great thing about ELMO projectors is the ease at cleaning the gate etc. Super8 would not be where it is today with out them.
Graham. [Smile]

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2006 03:17 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

am I allowed to use those pics in the super8wiki?

Jörg

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 10, 2006 03:59 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great material, Mike. Is this taken from an Elmo promotional brochure?

Interesting to see the 1.1 lens being offered as I have a silver one that goes well with the ST-600D and I wondered if these were also offered for the ST-1200. Perhaps it's an earlier lens and they later all became the black metal version.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2006 07:17 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg

Help yourself. If you're interested there's loads more where these came from...

Adrian

Yes, these all came from a couple of small leaflets put out by Elmo in about 1975 and 1978 respectively. Regarding the lens, I also have one of the silver 1.1 lenses, it's in its original box ( [Wink] ) which states that it's for the GP range of projectors. I guess that means they were available very early on and probably already on offer at the start of ST 1200 production?

Graham

Good to here your ST 12000 M is still going strong, it constantly amazes me how even 30 years later these machines are still so plentiful and working well!

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2006 11:11 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Great pics,there once again Mike.Excellent.Andy.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 16, 2006 03:59 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike
Here is an oldie still goes to.! Elmo 8 mm Model E-80.
 -
Projection Lamp: 500watt
Room Light Control: "Fade in/out and Off" can be done with light controller.
Speed Control: Easily done with speed control knob.
Projection Lens: 1 inch F/1.5 coated.
Graham [Smile]

David Evans
Junior

- posted November 23, 2006 11:15 PM      Profile for David Evans   Email David Evans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing the above from Mike (thanks - most interesting!), is the SP Hi-Deluxe one of the better Std 8 projectors around? If so, are there any around for sale? If not, is there a better projector for Std 8? Needs to be able to give a 9 ft picture at good brightness, also mag sound.

I have a Toei Talkie, which is fine for use at home with a few people, but I want to show Std 8 films to a larger group!

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

David Evans

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2006 06:44 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

Thanks for the picture of that great old Elmo, looks as though it's built like the proverbial tank and should see us all out!

David

The SP HI-Deluxe is a great projector, very well engineered and a pleaseure to use. It certainly is a good bet for relatively large screen showings of Standard 8 films. The combination of the 150w lamp and the F1:1.1 lens makes it optically one of the best Standard 8 compatible projectors.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC