8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » noris projector, unsteady image

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: noris projector, unsteady image
Andy Oliver
Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2007 10:15 AM      Profile for Andy Oliver   Email Andy Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, with my noris 342 out of commision, been using the noris 322s, however, when projecting at 24 fps, image is slightly jumpy. Same films projected on the bauer 610 are ok. Please can someone offer advice on possible causes of an unsteady image. Projector has seen only light use.

|  IP: Logged

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2007 10:46 AM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive had numerous norris machines over the years,and this unsteady picture thing is a definite trait.It seems the very fast claw pull down,which gives the very good light output,is part of the problem.
I had a 342 stereo with 800ft reels and f1.1 lens and this was the perfect machine for me,except for the unsteady picture!
I dont know of a solution,since even after an overhaul by the then agent,cresta,it was still unsteady. Such a pitty, because the 342 would be my machine of choice otherwise.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 07, 2007 10:59 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I have found the exact symptoms on a 342s. It's just not quite as steady as the GS [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC