8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » any interest in STEREO RECORDINGS? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: any interest in STEREO RECORDINGS?
Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2007 02:32 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully the 9.5 film will finally start later this year, but Ill probably end up buying my own camera as Ive given up my mate finding his!

Its about time I got my GS800 out again, but I wont let my GS1200 see me fondling it!

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 02, 2007 02:40 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’m getting worried about you Gray.

With all this talk about re recording films we ought to start a new thread listing what can be recorded and from what source the new sound tracks can be found. May help quite a few folk.

I did the True Lies trailer recently from the UK DVD and they ran beautifully together and this will be shown at the “T” (Terminator) meeting tonight when we screen the main flick way down the M6. Going to be quite a show tonight for me as I have completed spooling up the intro programme and also have 400ft of Arnold Schwarzenegger trailers to surprise them all first. Crumbs they are in for a shock when that stereo belts out of the two Bose studio monitor speakers.

One thing I did do was to leave a Rank gong sound in mono 1 track then the first short fires into stereo which should have them all jumping. Always like a bit of mischief as you know.

I must thank the Forum members from around the world who have helped me get the Arnie trailers together and it is very much appreciated. Some have even posted me personal photographs with Arnold for my collection and also press kits. Thank you one and all. Its been good to make new contacts and share this fascinating hobby, and with such a wealth of information available here we will all never stop learning to be sure.

Only yesterday Kevin gave me some excellent help with a technical problem for a friend and his GS800. This was sorted in an hour or two and now runs fine. My wife’s boss called here to the studio and spotted the projector, now he wants to get into film collecting. I don’t know about you but I always leave a projector out and it’s surprising how much interest just seeing one can generate. A good way to introduce new people to film collecting I think.

Gray. Have you thought anymore about coming up to the Derann Open Day on the 1st April? We can collect you from Brum train station and take you to the event if it helps.

More later as its time to do some work.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC