8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Best Lens for a Eumig???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Lens for a Eumig???
Jason Redmond
Junior

- posted March 05, 2007 11:13 AM      Profile for Jason Redmond   Email Jason Redmond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all.
I'm looking to do a bit of upgrading on my Eumig s940, and I know that an f1.0 lens will improve the quality of the picture on the screen. Being a novice, however, I am a little concerned about the simple things - like finding one that fits!! Can anyone guide me a little and give me a bit of advice about what I am looking for?
Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2007 04:16 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm
Not sure Eumig made a 1.0 lens themselves. But I don't think you really need it: the 1.2 Suprogon lens factory-fitted to your 940 is a very good, sharp and fast lens; I don't think you'd really find astonishing differences by replacing it with a 1.0 in terms of brightness. For that matter you may want to remove one of the shutter's 'useless' blades (if you use 24 fps, not reccommended for 18), and have a 2-bladed shutter rather the usual 3-bladed shutter; that makes for a real difference in terms of light-output, certainly more noticeable than switching to a 1.0.

--------------------
Maurizio

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC