8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Heurtier P6 24B Power Cord

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heurtier P6 24B Power Cord
Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2007 08:05 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been unable to locate a source of supply for a replacement power/mains cord for a Heurtier P6 24B projector. Can anyone recommend such a source?

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2007 07:26 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

If I'm not mistaken, you can use any cord with a "Kaltgerätestecker" (sorry, but I don't know the correct English term). Those cords are used for the power supply of PCs, TVs, CD-players, ... . (You'll probably have to "carve in" the plastic at the plug a little bit.)

Jörg

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 26, 2007 07:40 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the English term for these is "Kettle Lead" [Smile]

K.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2007 06:16 PM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks much. At least I have a search term that I can use now. We're a bit out in the sticks and I've only managed to elicit blank stares when I've shown the plug configuration to suppliers here.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 26, 2007 06:19 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glenn,

Can you post a digital picture of the connector?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2007 09:12 PM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Steve

I don't yet have the projector in hand, but should have it tomorrow.

I looked up 'kettle lead' and only came up with a standard EIA plug. Having owned one of these projectors in the recent past, I know an EIA plug won't fit. The pins are round and recessed into the projector chassis, so an EIA plug is too large even to be brought into contact with them. If memory serves me, I believe the plug conforms to an Italian standard. Why this would be so on a French projector, I'm not sure.

I'll try to add an image (or find one I can reference online).

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2007 07:13 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some typical plugs/sockets/outlets found at Conrad.de:

"Europa-Kaltgeräte-Einbaustecker":
http://www.order.conrad.com/m/6000_6999/6100/6120/6125/612529_BB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

"MINI KALTGERÄTE STECKER":
http://www.order.conrad.com/m/7000_7999/7300/7350/7356/735604_BB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

"GERÄTESTECKER EURO CEE_FIL":
http://www.order.conrad.com/m/6000_6999/6200/6270/6276/627640_LB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

"EUROPA WARMGERÄTE-KUPPLUNG GRAU":
http://www.order.conrad.com/m/6000_6999/6100/6120/6122/612235_BB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

"EUROPA-EINBAU WARMGERÄTE-STECKER GRAU"
http://www.order.conrad.com/m/6000_6999/6100/6120/6121/612170_BB_01_FB.EPS.jpg

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2007 08:41 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The plug for which I'm searching may conform to the Italian grounded plug/socket standard, CEI 23-16/VII. I should be able to verify this once I take delivery of the projector.

Although I've reviewed the 'image upload' instructions for this forum in the hope that I might be able to post a picture of the receptacle on the projector, my computer skills are rudimentary and, frankly, not up to the task.

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2007 02:23 PM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A new post by another forum member has led me to a website where there's a free download of the instruction manual for the Heurtier P6 24B Bi-Film projector. Page nine of that manual - found at http://www.super8.no/Manuals/Heurtier_Projector%20P6-24B_User%20manual_English.pdf - shows the mains receptacle on the machine. Although three pin male plugs having this configuration seem to be readily available, I've not found a source for the female plug that's required.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2007 05:22 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

yes, your plug looks a little bit like an inverse version of this Italian plug:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stecker-Typ_L

Unfortunately there's a high chance that this was an "Heurtier-only" version since there have been at least 10 different plugs/outlets with 3 pins in Europe when the projector got designed. Hence Heurtier might have invented their own power cables [Frown]

Nevertheless you might find an adapter on this "Travel Adaptors"-page (or similar webpages):
http://www.biagmbh.com/cgi-local/browse/catalog.cgi?section=15&id=Travel_Adaptors&show=de.wikipedia.org

Jörg

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2007 06:25 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Jörg

Having searched for such a power cord before without success (my last P6 24B came without one also), I'm inclined to agree that this plug configuration may be unique to Heurtier.

Thanks for your helpful advice.

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2007 04:26 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Glenn,

You might contact Bel-Air Camera in Beverly Hills, CA. They were the offical US Importer at one time and might either have one or tell you where to look for one.

John

Ian John
Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2007 07:26 PM      Profile for Ian John   Email Ian John   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glen, the mains power lead that fits the Heurtier P6 is the same plug that fits the "Chinon C-200s" silent projector. Years ago, I owned the P6 and the amp base and sound head unit (the same unit configuration and grey colour as on the pdf link you gave for the manual).

I also own the silent Chinon C-200s projector (I use it to transfer silent home movies), give me your email address and I will send you a few pics of the Chinon projector, it's mains socket, and a close-up of the plug on the mains lead, then you can pick one of these chinons up from Ebay, and then you will have the lead to use on the Heurtier as well as the chinon.

Ian (South Wales)

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2007 11:56 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've pursued leads suggested by forum members, but haven't succeeded in finding one of these cords. Not too surprisingly, Bel-Air Camera no longer stocks the cords.

I thought I'd solved the problem when I bought another Heurtier P6 24B Bi-Film projector. Although the seller assured me the machine was supplied with the original power cord, what I got was an ungrounded cord terminating in a couple of alligator clips (a light wrapping of electrical tape around the clips was thoughtfully provided as protection against electrocution). This is the third projector of this kind I've owned, and none has come with the original cord. Given that the cord is only rarely useful with other appliances, it's surprising that it goes missing so often.

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2007 08:13 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I purchased a power cord for a Prinz Magnon projector (a re-branded Chinon), hoping it would fit my Heurtier P6 24B Bi-Film projector. Although the spacing of the holes in the plug on the cord matches the spacing of the pins in the projector, the holes are smaller in diameter than the pins, preventing the plug from fitting. It seems as if only an original Heurtier cord will work.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC