8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Unseen forces

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unseen forces
Reb Tanner
Junior

- posted June 08, 2007 05:31 AM      Profile for Reb Tanner   Author's Homepage   Email Reb Tanner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to get my Eumig 810 last night & found the two halves of the casing had bizarrely 'slipped' so that one overlapped the other. It's gonna take a magician to explain, but if anyone can give it a shot go ahead.
SO - I need a new std-8 projector. With sound - optical would be even better.
Anyone recommend another model? The 810 is cool but the fan noise in the off position is a bit of a drag.
Cheers
Jim

|  IP: Logged

Barry Johnson
Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2007 09:14 AM      Profile for Barry Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not too sure on what you have described,but if its just a case of 'slipping' and it does not affect any of the works,then it should be OK to use.Perhaps you could explain in a bit more detail??

As for optical Std8 sound projectors,there is only one-and I own one-the TOEI TALKIE mag/opt from circa 1962.But Std8 optical prints,I certainly heave never ever seen anyh in forty years of collecting.

--------------------
Standard8 rules!!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 08, 2007 10:11 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Believe it or not Barry, a seller here in the states had a standard 8mm optical sound copy of "Futureworld". I'm not kidding! I REALLY wish that I had bought that, just for curiosities sake.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC