8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Projector Screen Repair?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Projector Screen Repair?
Thomas Beiter
Junior

- posted August 27, 2007 01:44 PM      Profile for Thomas Beiter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Da-Lite Model B screen that has a glass bead coating. Some of that coating (about the size of your fingertip) was rubbed off in the center of the screen. Now there's a black dot in the middle of my movies!

Is there any way to repair this? The only advice I've been able to find was to cut it the screen down if possible, but this is dead center, so that's not acceptable.

I'm thinking of white reflective paint?

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2007 07:01 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
There is really no way to fix the glass bead area. I had a 70 inch model B many years ago and a moth had landed on the back of the screen unnotice and rolled up. When unrolled I had the "mothra" screen.

If you can find an easy way to remove the glass bead from all the surface, then you could try one of the special screen paints, but chances are a replacement from a camera show or swap meet would be a cheaper and better solution.

John

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC