8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » to all who sell films on UK ebay (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: to all who sell films on UK ebay
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 13, 2007 06:34 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey David !
Don’t knock British food we are proud of it. Went out for my once a week treat of full English down the road today. £2.70 and as much Coffee as you want, that’s not expensive matey.

And we still have corner shops and real Fish & Chips.

Happy film show day!
He.
[Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2007 06:55 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree Lee.

Winbert you can get a full english breakfast with toast and a very nice mug of tea for the crazy price of £3.09 from Witherspoons in Leicester Square,Central London!!!!!

Eating out in London can be very cheap if you know where to go.

Barry Johnson
Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2007 07:09 AM      Profile for Barry Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats it lads,sock it to 'em! Good stuff too-tasty!

--------------------
Standard8 rules!!

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2007 08:27 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sister lives in London and belive me compared to Melbourne food is expensive.

OK boys lets do the real comparison; the Big Mac test!

What does a Big Mac cost in your city? I bet it roughly equates to film and postage prices too!

For the record in 2007 according to the Economist using 2007 exchange rate to US dollars a Big Mac costs:

Australia: US$2.67

USA US$3.22

Britain US$3.90

Indonesia US1.75

Is film and postage cheaper in Indonesia Winbert?

Sorry moderators, probably heading slightly off topic here..........

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 13, 2007 09:49 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hear the Big Mac is something like $20 US in Tokyo.

(All that and obesity, too!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 13, 2007 03:13 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the favourite English meal was bangers and mash with mushy peas. [Big Grin]
However if want real food, Scotland is the place to go for a tradional meal of Haggis washed down with a glass of the good stuff, [Wink] and what about some black pudding and fried eggs for breakfast mmmmmmm. getting hungry.

Graham. [Smile]

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted September 13, 2007 04:36 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, youre making me hungry. I have been on a diet for three weeks. [Eek!] I could use a little international cuisine. Minus the shipping cost of course. [Big Grin]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 14, 2007 12:02 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, for film and other stuff, there is nothing cheaper here if they are imported stuff.

E.g. before the digital era, most still films were packed (cut)domestically. However, the film was still imported. So the price was so-so (for comparasion, 36 exp Kodak 200 ASA = US$ 3). Super 8mm was not ever packed domestically, it should be fully imported so the price even higher than in the US.

But some items that contain copyrights matter will be very cheaper becuase the copyrights holders would always consider the local purchasing power before setting up the RRP (to avoid pirates). For example an original sealed CD of Michael Jackson is sold for US$ 7 (no matter the CD is domestically packed or fully imported).

Foods are always cheap because they are 100% local production.

Domestic postage is unbelievable. A one day service within the same city is US$ 0.5 for max. 1 Kg. If sending packet cross the islands (which the distace is roughly 2 hours flying) the cost is US$ 1.5 for 1 Kg.

But for overseas postage, it is not cheap because we use EMS/Express Mail Service (where the cost is interationally agreed by the members of International Postal Union)

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC