8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bauer T510 vs 610

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer T510 vs 610
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 04, 2007 04:04 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi...

We have disucessed so much on GS1200, now I want to ask about Bauer amchine.

a. What is the obvious different between 510 vs 610

b. What is the microcomputer on 610 for?

c. Is 510 stereo machine or 2 track only?

d. Can we put 1200 reel on either machine?

e. What is the price range for both machines?

f. Compare to GS1200 what would you like to say, if we found them at the same price?

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2007 05:55 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

these models are listed en detail in the Super8wiki:
http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Bauer_T502_Automatic_Duoplay_Projector
http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Bauer_T510_Stereo_Projector
http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Bauer_T525_Microcomputer_Duoplay_Projector
http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Bauer_T610_Microcomputer_Stereo_Projector

The microcomputer is mainly used for editing the sound.
The T525 is normally 100 EUR cheaper than the T610 (even though prices aren't listed in the super8wiki). The T610 is cheaper than the Elmo GS 1200:
http://super8wiki.com/index.php/Elmo_GS_1200_Stereo_Projector
I haven't seen any eBay-auctions for the T502 and T510 recently, hence I can only guess that they're cheaper than versions with microcomputer.

Main advantages of the GS 1200 compared to the T610: Larger maximum reel-size + syncs to external sound-devices/crystal-sync-devices out of the box.

Jörg

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted October 04, 2007 08:07 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having owned both machines I prefer the GS1200 for its picture and its ability to sync pulse for recording. The Bauer T510 and the T610 are VERY quiet. Maybe the quietest Super 8 Projectors I have never heard. The mechanism is very smooth and the sound is nice and round. Now for the bad.
The picture just wasn't as sharp or as contrasty as the GS1200. And both my GS and the Bauer were using the 1.1 Schneider lens. Different ones but the same model and make.
The GS1200 allows you to see more of the frame as well. There is literally more picture!
The GS also has a brighter bulb which is definitely more noticeable at sizes of 6 ft or more. And for scope the extra light is a big help.
The GS weighs close to 50lbs and the Bauer is much lighter.
I do wish sometimes that I had another Bauer (I sold mine)when I just want to watch a quick reel of something but then halfway through the reel I wonder, "I wonder what this would look like on the Elmo?".
Good luck if you decide to get one!
Here is one auction for a NEW Bauer T510.
http://cgi.ebay.com/BAUER-T510-MICROCOMPUTER-STEREO-SUPER-8-PROJECTOR_W0QQitemZ320165239089QQihZ011QQcategoryZ15255QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Of course now we all know here that the 510 is not a microcomputer Projector but other than that the price is not that bad. You can get it cheaper on Ebay.de but this is NOS-New Old Stock! Theoretically!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 04, 2007 08:37 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

I have both Bauers (510 & 610). They are excellent machines and as Rik said, both are amazingly quiet. I've found the quality of audio recording and playback on the Bauers to be superior to the Elmo. The drawbacks, as stated, are the lower bulb wattage (especially noticeable with scope films) and the 800' reel capacity. It's also much easier to unthread a film on the Elmo.
That said, you can't go wrong with either model!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Andy Oliver
Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2007 04:50 AM      Profile for Andy Oliver   Email Andy Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, owning both bauer t502, 610 and the gs1200, i actually find myself reaching for the bauer most of the time. To me, the bauer is brighter than my elmo (my elmo has the elmo 1.1 lens ). I must admit, i've never used the micro-computor side of the 610, doubt i ever will. The bauer must be quietest projector ever made!!, plastic gate and overall focus using the 1.1 lens is the only let down, its extremelly difficut to obtain an overall, edge to edge sharp picture, where as the noris 342 and elmo acheive this with no problem. That outfit selling the T510, at the time of writing, has two projectors left, obtaining new, old stock in 2007 is a rare find, price, imo is excellent, shipping costs is the killer. I'll keep you posted, yep, i purchased two t510 from him:). Oohh, the 610 came with the 1.1 lens, where as i see the 510 is supplied with the 1.2 lens as standard, so apart from the micro comp side, there's no real differnce with the 510 vs the 610, but i'll let you know very soon ( i hope )

Andy Oliver
Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2007 07:20 AM      Profile for Andy Oliver   Email Andy Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, ok so i'm now a proud owner of the bauer t510, the projector is new, never used, understand the seller may have two projectors left, surely this is a last chance saloon of purchasing a brand new projector. The projector runs superbly well, quiet, all internal mechanisms are new, no corrosion absolute brand new. Downside was over £100.00 shipping costs and £56.00 custom charges, still £400.00 for a brand new projector in 2007, was it worth it?????

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2007 08:20 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andy-

Let me know how everything runs, once you try it out. I might have to bid on one, if its not too late.

James.

Andy Oliver
Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2007 03:40 PM      Profile for Andy Oliver   Email Andy Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, i have two from this seller, with a third on the way, both projectors runs superbly well, only thing i had to do was to operate the track 1 and track 2 switches a few times in order to clean the tarnish after 27 years in store!!! Appears the two projector i have from this seller date from 1980 ( last year, i think of manufacture of the t510). Projector has some light grease stains in places on the body, due to grease leaking etc after all this time. If it wasn't for the shipping costs and customs i would have purchased a couple more from him. Projector is brand new, sound quality and film transport all perfect. I can send you pix if required.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC