8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Blackpool reports (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Blackpool reports
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 26, 2007 12:47 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adrian what did the LCD show involve was it one of the new sonys etc and what media was going through, sounds interesting.
I love film but love LCD as well though mine are modest by todays standards.
The philips B,sure is office with a home cinema side thats great, 4/3 + 16/9 etc but much of the stuff I enjoy is that.
It can apparently do modest Hi Res but ony got DVD at the moment.
What was the interest like at the do, they are an absolutely superb add on to film collecting.
Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Simmonds
Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2007 04:06 AM      Profile for Adrian Simmonds   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

This year I used the following equipment:

Sony VPL AW15 LCD video projector £849.99
Sony BDP S300 blue ray player £319.99
Yamaha NSP 440 speaker system £299.99
Sony STR DG700 dolby amp £199.99

All shown on a 100" tripod screen.

The results were excellent. I did 2 shows consisting of a normal 20 odd minute dvd show - trailers, intro's, musical numbers, & black & white. Then about 5 minutes of High Definition from a demo disc.

Kind regards

Adrian

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2007 04:23 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Answer for Michael...

The 16mm show is currently set to be the shortest show of all the gauges so it's just my idea at the moment to drop it. Mr. Wilts may decide to proceed as planned and have all gauges plus the bespoke production on video which isn't possible to replicate on film.

We don't ever want to give the impression video projection is featured to promote this medium ahead of film though. Far from it! We look at home video projection as a means to supplement the film collecting hobby. However good the technology gets there is no way to replace the magic of those reels going around.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 27, 2007 05:36 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adrain, sounds great, what you get for £850 from sony now LCD wise is just amazing.
I`m trailer mad but its getting hard to find discs with them on nowadays on dvd as the mags etc who used to do them rarely do now, I often watch them instead of film.
I hear the budget sony BR player is really good for the cash, I wonder just where the old two thing nonsense will end up, maybe with both carrying on but small compared to usual DVD.
Its amazing now what kit you can get together for a few notes compared with not many years ago.
If anyone is fancying LCD you simply can`t beat a sony new for that.
Do they do 1080P or just i Adrian or just the usual resolution.
The office sony CS2 I had for 5 years was superb for video projection in the home.
Best Mark.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC