8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Subtitles?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Subtitles?
Mason Jibber
Junior

- posted January 13, 2008 01:56 PM      Profile for Mason Jibber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is used to superimpose subtitles onto 8mm film. Where do I get it?

--------------------
Yo...

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 14, 2008 12:57 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mason and welcome. We discussed that ages ago, and came to the conclusion that the best way was to type the subtitles into a Power Point presentation, and screen them with a VP below the super 8 image.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 14, 2008 03:44 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mason, welcome to the forum.

If you look for the machine that can make substitling, this old post could probably answer your question.

Joe Taffis of this forum can expain further how does it work.

--------------------
Winbert

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2008 03:47 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mason,

when you want to get the subtitles onto the film itself, you'll simply have to use your camera's double exposure-feature.

Jörg

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC