8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » N00b questiona about Kodak M70 projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: N00b questiona about Kodak M70 projector
Robert Allen
Junior

- posted March 07, 2008 09:32 AM      Profile for Robert Allen   Email Robert Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I'm new here. I just inherited my fathers estate. Included is a Minolta Super8 handheld camera that uses cartridges of film, a Kodak M70 projector, and many rolls of developed film. I'd like to watch them. But while trying to setup the projector I pressed down on the bar that the label on the machine indicates you should press down after you load the film. Unfortunately I did it before loading the film. As I pressed it in it felt spring loaded and it locked in place so I think it's working, but I don't know the procedure for popping it back up so I can load the film. I've tried pushing down on it again to see if it would release, with no luck. I've tried very gently prying upwards, no luck. I've removed the cover plate and probed at things, no luck. I need to order a copy of the manual, but in the meantime I'd like to watch some home movies and would appreciate a tip on how to get the retainer roller thingy to pop back up.

Thanks,

Robert

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 07, 2008 10:46 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...

I don't know this machine, but very often rotating the direction switch (FWD+Lamp,FWD,STOP,REV+Lamp,REV)back to "STOP" will cause these things to release.

It can't hurt to try.

Welcome!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC