8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Hey Joe! A question about Blackhawk!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey Joe! A question about Blackhawk!!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 10, 2008 02:23 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... and anybody else, for that matter, but "Master Caruso" (as he has much knowledge!), may have the answer, as he is a wonderfully rabid collector as he doggedly searches for the cherished rarities ...

Did Blackhawk ever release some titles on only standard 8mm instead of both Super 8 and standard 8?

I ask as I have ran into a beautiful pristine print of the Robert Benchley comedy short "Crime Control" (standard 8mm sound, approx 9 and a half minutes), early 1940's, but i have never seen it in Super 8, as well as a Harry James and band musical short, (also the approx. same running time) also stadard 8mm sound, and never seen it elsewhere on Super 8mm.

(Also Blackhawk)

any answers Joe? (and otherwise?)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 10, 2008 04:24 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same with Burns & Allen shorts; Oh, My Operation & Let's Dance, Std 8 Sound, as with Benchley, low sales which was surprising as nowadays they are all eagerly sought-after. Harry James also. These were limited runs, usually discounted. I don't know anything, just a collector since the 60's and I caught several of those Std 8 Sound shorts then. Notice also several Std 8 close-outs in later bulletins of 1977-79, as Super 8 was strong, in full-swing leading the proverbial parade. Still, I held on to most of my old Std 8mm. There was one question that Blackhawk asked its customers, that being what films would you want to see in Std 8 again. Great times

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2008 12:30 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackhawk had many limited licensing agreements,one was with N.T.A. in the mid to late 60's.All the one reelers from this source were only on reg. 8 sound

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC